Consultant General Surgeon & Laparoscopic Surgeon
Head of Surgery Department
About Dr. Ala Al Ajeel
Dr. Ala qualified from Baghdad medical school in 1979, had basic and post graduate training in surgery in Baghdad Medical city teaching hospital earned high scores and awards in surgery, he has diploma in general surgery and board in general surgery, he trained for major trauma , critical care management and he performed thyroid, breast, and digestive system surgery. In 1993 he moved to the UK and had a fellow of Royal College of Surgery from Glasgow (FRCS), he trained in respected hospitals and specialized in colorectal surgery and laparoscopic surgery. He trained on endoscopy including colonoscopy and gastroscopy, he performed over 8000 endoscopy procedures. He performed over 7000 surgical procedure between 1993 to 2012. In 2012 he moved to UAE and start working in Saudi German Hospital.
Area of Interest
• Gastrointestinal and colorectal diseases and Surgery
• Laparoscopic treatment of appendicitis, Hernia and Gallbladder disease.
• Thyroid diseases and Surgery (Benign and Cancer)
• Breast diseases and Surgery (Benign and Cancer)
• Endoscopy, Gastroscopy, and Colonoscopy.
• FRCS (UK)
• ABGS (Arab Board in General Surgery)
• Ch.D (Diploma in General Surgery)
• MB ChB (Bagdad Medical College)
• Member of General Medical Council (UK)
22 years in the UK as General Surgeon specialized in Colorectal Diseases (Benign and Cancer) and complicated anal surgery. – 20 years in laparoscopic surgery. – 20 years in an endoscopic procedure for stomach and colon.
Language Spoken :
English & Arabic