Dr. Panigrahi completed his Master’s in Surgery in 1990 from the VSS Medical College, Sambalpur, Orissa, India. After gaining proficiency in the entire spectrum of General Surgery, he focused his attention towards minimal access and laparoscopic surgery in the reputed Safdarjung Hospital and Lohia Hospital, New Delhi as well as the reputed Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu. He has vast knowledge in the areas of laparoscopic cancer surgery, laparoscopic gynaecological and urological procedures (including hysterectomy and nephrectomy) and bariatric (weight-loss) surgery.
Dr. Panigrahi is also experienced in thoracoscopic advanced surgery, including pneumonectomy. He performs over 60-70 major laparoscopic surgeries as well as open GI surgeries per month at RAK Hospital. He has successfully been heading the Minimal Access Surgery Department at RAK Hospital since 2009 and has managed various critical cases – he does not shy away from taking the responsibility for intricate complex cases and is the trusted ‘Go to’ Surgeon for many patients from the UAE and internationally.
His areas of specialization include:
• Laparoscopic cholecystectomy and Common Bile Duct Bypass
• Laparoscopic appendectomy, hiatus hernia, gastrectomy
• Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and bypass (Weight Loss Surgery)
• Laparoscopic colonic surgery for benign conditions and cancer
• Laparoscopic repair for prolapsed rectum
• Laparoscopic and open surgery for hepatic tumors, anterior resection for cancer rectum
• Laparoscopic surgery for renal cancer and bladder cancer
• Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy
• Laparoscopic surgery for ovarian cancer
• Laparoscopic thoracic surgery for lung lesions