Dr. (Prof.) D. K. Agarwal is working as a Senior Consultant in Nephrology and Renal Transplantation in Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, India. He received Gold Medal in Graduation and Post Graduation. Subsequently, he did DM and DNB in Nephrology. Dr Agarwal has 24 years of experience in the field of Nephrology including specialization in renal transplant, haemodialysis, CAPD and all Kidney problems and diseases along with critical kidney patients with emergency management. He is well experienced in handling kidney problems because of diabetes, hypertension and other diseases. He is also well experienced in renal transplantation in HIV patients and in ABO-incompatible patients. He worked as Senior Consultant, Nephrologist in various institutions of National and International repute like Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow etc. He published many papers and wrote many chapters, in various journals and books of National and International repute. He is experienced at the division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Missouri, School of Medicine, and Columbia, USA.
Fellowships / Memberships:
• Life Member, Association of Physicians of Indian, 1990.
• Life Member, Indian Society of Nephrology, 1991.
• Life Member, Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, 1991.
• Fellow, Indian Association of Clinical Medicine, 1994.
• Life Member, Hypertension Society of India, 1994.
• Life Member, Indian Medical Association, 1997.
• Fellow, IMA Academy of Medical Specialties in Nephrology, 1997.
• Fellow, Indian College of Physicians, 2001.
• Member (MAMS), National Academy of Medical Sciences (India) NAMS, 2003.
• Fellow, Indian Society of Nephrology (FISN), 2003.
Areas of Specialization:
• Kidney Transplant
• Kidney diseases in DM & HTN
• Peritoneal Dialysis & Haemodialysis
• Renal Transplant in HIV patients & in ABO Incompatible patients
• Intensive Renal Care
• Cadaveric Renal Transplant