Dr. Krishna Mohan
Specialty: Kidney – Reproductive System
Hospital: Metromed Institute for Advanced Urology & Renal Transplantation (MIART)
Dr. Krishna Mohan R., MS, DNB (UROLOGY), FICS (UROLOGY), FELLOW OF ROBOTIC SURGERY (SEOUL), SENIOR CONSULTANT UROLOGIST AND RENAL TRANSPLANT SURGEON at MIART (Metromed Institute of Urology & Renal Transplantation), Calicut, Kerala, India.
He has been the pioneer of several surgical techniques in minimally invasive surgeries and a Master of 3 Dimension laparoscopy/ Robotic and laser surgeries. Has rendered his services as a Consultant Urologist and Transplant Surgeon at Aster MIMS.
His team at ASTER MIMS has performed the first successful 3 Dimension laparoscopy approach for giant renal vein aneurysm and successful autotransplantation in the world. He is the coordinator of Laser training and keyhole surgical training for practicing urologists from all over India in association with UROCARE TRUST and AESCULAP ACADEMY Germany. SCOPE OF WORK:
- Endourology: Stone work and expert in URS/ RIRS/ PCNL/,ESWL. LAPAROSCOPIC stone removal of large stones without fragmenting stone. Expertise in laser surgeries of prostate, baldder tumor ( even for high risk cardiac and neurology cases ) without stopping Ecosprin or warfarin/heparin by which cardiac safety is ensured (done at very few centres of world).
- Uro Oncology: All genito urinary cancers involving Adrenal gland, kidney, ureter, prostate, advanced cancer bladder are done laparoscopically or robotized lap.
- Reconstructive Urology: The anomalies of genito urinary tract like PUJ obstruction, VUR, Obstructed mega ureters, undescended testis of both paediatric and adults are rectified in minimal invasive laproscopic/robotised lap techniques with no major scar in the body.
- Urogynaecology: Female stress wetting surgery with TVT –O tape and Bladder prolapse correction with laparoscopic repair.
- Andrology: Evaluation of sexual dysfunction and penile prosthesis implantation surgery. Laparoscopic correction of undescended tesis. Male infertility due to varicocele correction by laproscopic approach.
- Urethral stricture: stricture correction by laser incision and major stricture correction by urethroplasty including Buccal mucosal urethroplasty.
- Renal transplant: Laproscopic Renal donor harvesting and in females NOTES surgery for kidney harvest in which no major wound in the body.