Dr. Louay H. Zayed
Specialty: Gynecology and Obstetrics
Hospital: Saudi German Hospital
Consultant Obstetrics & Gynecology,
Fetal Medicine & High Risk Pregnancy
Dr. Louay H. Zayed is an associate Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Alexandria University, Egypt. As a consultant of high risk pregnancy and Fetal Medicine, he helped in reassuring, diagnosing and managing thousands of pregnant females, performed hundreds of fetal procedures like intrauterine fetal blood transfusions, amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, among others. With special interest in cases with recurrent pregnancy losses, a disease on the rise, he also helped many couples walk through a difficult but –with the help of God- eventually successful pregnancy. Gynecology, -care of the non-pregnant female-, is an inseparable aspect of his daily OB/GYN care; he helped hundreds of couples achieve –with the help of God- the dream of a child through IVF, intrauterine insemination and other modalities. He has many international publications and participated in many training workshops.
Areas of interest
• Fetal Medicine:
– Advanced Ultrasound diagnosis of fetal abnormalities.
– Fetal diagnostic procedures (while baby is inside the womb) as Chorion villus sampling, amniocentesis & fetal blood sampling for diagnosis of fetal disease and genetic conditions.
– Intrauterine fetal therapy (while baby is inside the womb) like intrauterine fetal blood transfusion.
– Fetal reduction in high order multiple pregnancy
– Advanced 3D, 4D Ultrasound
– Detailed Fetal cardiac examination
– Detailed Fetal brain examination
– 2D Ultrasound including biometry, growth and structural scans
– Fully Detailed First (NT scan),Second and third Trimester scans
• High risk pregnancy:
– Recurrent pregnancy loss
– Medical disorders with pregnancy as diabetes, hypertension, thyroid disease, etc
– Follow-up of complicated Twin pregnancies.
– First trimester Risk assessment
– Routine antenatal care
– Vaginal deliveries
– Assisted vaginal deliveries
– Delayed conception and infertility management
M.D in OB & Gyn (EGY)
Fetal Medicine Diploma (FR)
Diploma of US in OB&GYN (FR)
Master’s degree in OB (EGY)
Fetal Medicine Diploma (Advanced Fetal Diagnosis & Treatment), Descartes University, France
Diploma of Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Descartes University, France
Medical French Diploma (From CCI, France)
More than 15 Years
Language Spoken :
English, Arabic & French