• Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery Leeds University Medical School, UK.
• 8 years higher training Manchester Deanery, UK as registrar, senior registrar and senior lecturer.
Scope of Practice
• All Adult & Childrens’ ENT problems
• Endoscopic sinus surgery including complicated cases such as CSF leak, angiofibroma and other intranasal/ sinus tumours
• Epiphora (excess tears) by endoscopic DCR, 500+ cases.
• Snoring surgery
• All ear surgery including cochlear implants, other implantable devices and Stapedectomy for otosclerosis
• Coblation surgery for tonsils and adenoids
• Choanal atresia
• Laryngeal microsurgery including papillomatosis
• Consultant ENT surgeon and chief of ENT, Maxillo-facial and ophthalmology, East Lancashire NHS Trust, UK. 1992 – 2010.
• ENT consultant & director of Cochlear Implant Programme, King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 2010 – 2016.
• Associate Professor, Al Faisal University Medical School, Riyadh, KSA.
• Early adopter of Endoscopic sinus Surgery techniques in 1992. Over 6000 FESS cases.
Provided regional service for cerebrospinal fluid leaks and angiofibromas at KFSHRC, Riyadh.
• Developed and published on all uses of Coblation in ENT surgery including:
– Tonsils & Adenoids
– Snoring surgery
– Nasal & sinus tumours
– Laryngeal tumours, papillomas and airway stenosis.
• Lectures and live surgical demonstrations of Coblation in 42 countries worldwide.
• Revived the Cochlear Implant programme at KFSHRC, Riyadh.
• Dealt with fresh cases, introducing routine, simultaneous bilateral CI to the Middle East in 2012. Sub-specialised in treating complications of Cochlear Implant cases from other surgeons.
• Visiting professor: Bahrain, Kuwait, Sudan, Jeddah.
• Regional Advisor to Royal College of Surgeons
• Council Member, Royal Society of Medicine
• ENT Advisor to NICE (national institute for clinical excellence).
• Regional ENT Advisor to National Modernisation Agency, UK
• Academic editor for Case Reports in ENT
• Reviewer for Saudi Journal of Medicine