Consultant Ophthalmologist, Cataract and Laser Refractive Surgeon
About Dr. Mohamed Ahmed Wassfi
Dr. Wassfi is an Anterior Segment Consultant with extensive experience in micro-incision refractive-cataract techniques and specialises in complex anterior segment and corneal surgery for patients who have suffered eye trauma or disease, as well as all forms of corneal and external eye disease.
He began his Ophthalmology residency training at Alexandria University Hospital, Egypt. He was appointed as Ophthalmology Specialist in the San Carlos Clinical Hospital, Madrid-Spain and joined the Novovision Clinic in Madrid as Anterior Segment and Refractive Surgery Consultant.
Prior to joining SGH, Dr Wassfi was associated with La Moraleja Sanitas Hospital, Madrid-Spain as Anterior Segment and Refractive Surgery Consultant.
Dr. Wassfi published his work in international journals and presented his experience in several local and international conferences. He is actively involved with training medical students and junior ophthalmologists. He is a member of Egyptian and Spanish Medical Syndicates.
Area of Interest
• Cataract Surgery with Intraocular Lens Implantation (monofocal, multifocal and toric intraocular lenses)
• Laser Refractive Surgery (LASIK, UltraLASIK, PRK)
• Phakic Intraocular lenses (ICL, Artiflex, Artisan)
• Corneal Cross linking
• Presbyopia Correction
• Diagnosis and Management of Glaucoma
• Medical Retina (Management of Diabetic Retinopathy, Retinal Vascular Disease and Age-related Macular Degeneration)
• Management of Ocular Surface Disease (Dry Eye, Corneal Infections and Allergies)
• MBCHB from Alexandria University- Egypt.
• Master’s degree from Alexandria University- Egypt.
• Doctor degree from Complutense University – Madrid Spain
Language Spoken :
English, Arabic & Spanish