An orthopaedic surgeon offering over 37 years’ extensive wide range of experience in pediatric and adult orthopaedic and skeletal trauma surgery. His main areas of interest encompass pediatric orthopaedic conditions, such as congenital and developmental anomalies, gait abnormalities, cerebral palsy, hip dislocation and foot abnormalities. He has excellent experience in bone lengthening and reconstruction surgeries.
Areas of Interest:
• All fractures and dislocations in children and adults.
• Gait abnormalities.
• Cerebral Palsy.
• Clubfoot or Congenital talipes equinovarus.
• Hip disorders (DDH, Slipped capital femoral epiphysis, Perthes Disease, Early arthritis, AVN Congenital coxa vara, etc).
• Scoliosis variants in children.
• Arthrogryposis and congenital joint contracture syndromes.
• Patellar Disorders (Congenital dislocation of the patella, Subluxation, Anterior knee pain, Patellofemoral pain syndromes, etc).
• Knee disorders (Bowed legs (Genu varum, Blount’s disease, etc), Genu valgum (knock knees).
• Limb Anomalies (Leg length discrepancy: Hemimelias, PFFD, Congenital Pseudarthrosis, etc).
• Ilizarov Technique.
• Foot deformities (Pes Planus, Cavus Foot, Rocker bottom foot, Tarsal coalition, etc).
• Neuromuscular disorders (Spinal Dysraphism, Hereditary Spastic Paraparesis, etc).
• Skeletal dysplasias (Achondroplasia, HME, Short Stature, etc).
• Congenital Syndrome (Downs syndrome, Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber syndrome, etc).
• Metabolic Bone diseases (Rickets, OI, etc).
• Musculoskeletal infections and Inflammatory arthritis.
• Joint Arthroplasty and Joint Reconstruction
• Common procedures in hand and foot surgeries.
• MB BCh Assiut Medical School, Assiut University, Egypt
• MSc Orth. Assiut University, Egypt.
• MD Orth. Assiut University, Egypt and Glasgow University, UK. Thesis on bone lengthening.
• Scholarship in Orthopaedics (1987-1989): University department of Orthopaedics, Glasgow University, Glasgow, UK.
• Clinical Fellowship in Paediatric Orthopaedics (1996): Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Yorkhill, Glasgow, UK.
More than 37 Years
Language Spoken :
English & Arabic