Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim Ahmed is a Consultant in Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine at the Burjeel Hospital, Abu Dhabi.
Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim Ahmed has a great experience in the field of interventional pain management, minimal invasive spine procedures and headache management and has different international certifications and training.
Dr. Ibrahim’s Specialty Interest:
1. Neck pain: from herniated disc, degenerated disc disease, spinal canal stenosis, failed surgical procedures and cervical facet joint pain from position like computer, mobile and improper neck positions.
2. Back pain: from sciatica and herniated disc, degenerated disc disease, spinal canal stenosis, failed back surgery syndrome, lumbar facet joint arthropathy, tail bone pains and sacroiliac joint pain
3. Thoracic pain: from herniated disc, degenerated disc disease, facet joint arthropathy, intercostal neuralgia, post herpetic neuralgia and fracture ribs
4. Joints pain: non-surgical treatment of knee, shoulder, hip and ankle joint pain
5. Headache and facial pain: migraine, tension headache, cluster headache, trigeminal neuralgia, facial pain and occipital neuralgia
6. Cancer pain
7. Fibromyalgia, complex regional pain syndrome and post herpetic neuralgia
8. Chronic abdominal and pelvic pain
9. Diabetic peripheral neuropathy and Peripheral nerves entrapment: non-surgical treatment of carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel and tarsal tunnel syndrome
Dr. Ibrahim’s Popular Procedures:
1. Radiofrequency (conventional, pulsed, cooled) on medial, lateral branches, dorsal root ganglion and peripheral nerves.
2. Regenerative medicine (using PRP, bone marrow aspirate and other stem cells) for treatment of spine and musculoskeletal pain as: discogenic pain, facet joint pain, nerve impingement, muscle tears, tennis elbow, planter fasciitis, arthritis of knee, hip and shoulder joints.
3. Neuromodulation for failed back surgery and other chronic persistent pain conditions
4. Intrathecal pump insertion for cancer patient
5. Endoscopic spine procedure as percutaneous discectomy, trans-foraminal discectomy and trans-sacral epiduroscopic laser decompression (SELD)
6. Recent procedures for headache management: as BOTOX (injections, infusion therapy), hydro dissection of entrapment nerves, greater occipital block, and radiofrequency of trigeminal nerve, sphenopalatine ganglion and neuromodulations
He is a member of American board of headache management (ABHM) from (USA), Fellow of interventional pain physician (FIPP) from world institute of pain, Certified interventional pain sinologist (CIPS) from (USA), Diploma in ultrasound guided pain interventions from university of Montpellier (France), Egyptian board in pain medicine (Egypt), Diploma in ultrasound guided regional anesthesia from university of Montpellier (France) and Medical doctorate in anesthesia and intensive care (Egypt).