Consultant – Urology
MD, FRCSI, American Board of Urology
Language Spoken: Arabic, English
• Dr. Mohammed Istarabadi is a consultant urology surgeon certified by the American Board of Urology. A native of Iraq, he got his medical school qualifications in Dublin and New York.
• Dr. Istarabadi returned from Albany, New York where he specialized in Urology to the UAE in 1999.
• Dr. Istarabadi graduated in Medicine from the Royal College Of Surgeons in Ireland M.B.B.Ch., B.A.O., L.R.C.P. & S.I.(N.U.I.) in 1987 and then he obtained a M.S. In Anatomy from the University College Dublin 1989.
• Dr. Istarabadi completed his General Surgery and cardiothoracic training in Dublin and became a fellow of the at the Royal college F.R.C.S.I. In 1992. He then moved to the United States of America to train in urological surgery at Albany New York and became American Board of Urology certified since 1998.
• Dr. Istarabadi ‘s extensive experience covers adult and pediatric urological surgery spanning laparoscopic urology, endourology, Laser urology, female urology and has a special interest in uro-oncology including radical prostatectomy, cystoprostatectomy, nephrectomy, orchiectomy and adrenalactomy.
• Dr. Istarabadi pioneered the Laser lithotripsy in the UAE and the gulf and has executed more than 2500 operations till date.
• Dr. Istarabadi serves as a member of numerous executive and administrative boards at Al Zahra Pvt hospital.He regularly speaks at programs designed to educate and update the physicians in the UAE in the care and treatment of urologic disease.