Joint Director & Senior Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. P Suryanarayan Completed the graduate training and the Master of Surgery (Orthopaedics) at the “University of Bombay in 1986. Obtained fellowship training in Arthroplasty and reconstructive surgery of the joints at “The Hospital for Special Surgery” New York, The Wagner Clinic, Germany. He was awarded the Indo-German fellowship at the “Hip Service” Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland.
Has been in active practice with a special focus in Arthroplasty of the hip & knee since 1994. Was elected President of the “Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons” 2011-12. Was Appointed Adjunct Professor (Orthopedics)” at the Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University in 2012.
Current special interests are revision surgeries of hip and knee, Osteotomies & acetabular trauma and bone banking. Navigation assisted surgeries has been the other subject of interest and has been the lead of the design team for the “CT based PSI” developed indigenously with the industry partners.
He is actively involved in teaching and training courses and at the various arthroplasty forums in the country and this part of the world.
• Primary and Revision joint replacements – Hip, Knee & Shoulder
• Complex joint replacements in dysplastic joints, stiff joints
• Navigation & Robotic assisted knee replacement surgeries
• Osteotomies, pelvic & acetabular trauma
• Salvage & Limb reconstruction in skeletal tumours
• Pediatric problems of the hip
• Computer assisted minimal access joint replacement