Brigadier Dr R K Sharma VSM is former Prof HOD Command Hospital (Southern Command) AFMC Pune & Army Hospital (R&R) Delhi with over 33 years of experience in teaching & training of Gynecologists & IVF specialists. He is a world-renowned IVF specialist with experience of having performed over 15000 IVF cases. He has provided IVF treatment to many who of the country. He is the pioneer to establish of the first IVF centre in a public set up in India at Army Hospital R&R and Command Hospital (Southern Command) Pune. Now the same facility is available for all at Primus Super Speciality Hospital, Chanakyapuri.
• Over 33 years
• Endoscopy , Obstetrics & Gynaecology
• MBBS 1981 Pune University
• MD (Obstetrics & Gynecology) 1989 Pune University
• Trained IVF Bombay Hospital 1995
• IFS founder member
• Endoscopy Society of India
• Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI)
Awards and Honours:
• Reviewer for National & International Journals
• Supervisor for Phd in reproductive medicine
• Examiner for Post Doctoral fellowship in Reproductive Medicine DNB India.
• Examiner for UPSC board.
• Advisor to many ART programmes of Government Medical College & Pvt. Institutes in India.
Dr. (Brig.) R.K. Sharma is also one of the top 8 examiners for the reputed, ‘Post Doctoral Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine’. He is a highly sought speaker for reputed IVF conferences as a speaker both nationally & internationally. He has delivered endless lectures & presentations on various aspects of IVF & ART. He has also been instrumental in forming several new & customized protocols in the field of IVF, which are acknowledged & used across the country.