Dr. S. R. Goyal
Specialty: Lungs and respiratory – thoracic
Hospital: Artemis Hospital, Delhi
Specialty: Respiratory/ Pulmonology & Sleep Medicine
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu
• MBBS: Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, India.
• MD: Pulmonary Medicine (Gold Medalist): SRM Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, SRM University, Chennai, India.
• DNB: TB & Respiratory Diseases: National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India.
• Fellow of Asia Pacific Society of Respirology (FAPSR): Tokyo.
• Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine (FCCM): Apollo Medvarsity, India (On Going).
• Clinical Specialist in Organ Transplantation: NOTTO, New Delhi, India.
Dr. S. R. Goyal has worked extensively in the field of Respiratory Medicine, Tuberculosis, Immunology, Sleep Medicine & Critical Care. Armed with impeccable qualifications & perspicacious diagnostic abilities, has his keen interest in Interventional Pulmonology and works tirelessly towards taking this field to new heights. He aims to soon start a successful & sustainable Lung Transplantation Programme with the collaboration of Thoracic Surgery team in order to provide benefit to those with end-stage lung diseases such as COPD, ILD, BRONCHIECTASIS etc.
Before joining Artemis, he had worked at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi where he was an Associate Consultant.
Dr. Goyal completed his residency at VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi in Department of Pulmonary Critical Care & Sleep Medicine under Prof (Dr.) J. C. Suri (credited with establishing first sleep laboratory of the country).
He has presented his work at multiple academic forums on National & International levels such as NAPCON, TESCON, PULMOCON, ICONIC, Indian Science Congress (ISC) & European Respiratory Society World Congress (ERS). During his tenure at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, he visited National University Hospital (NUH), Singapore to receive training in Bronchial Thermoplasty & Bronchoscopic Lung Volume Reduction (BLVRS) by Prof. Pyng Lee.
Trained in the technique of Rigid Bronchoscopy & Thoracoscopy under Dr. David Breen from Ireland in 2014.
He also underwent advanced Interventional Pulmonology cum Thoracic Ultrasonography workshop at ERS, Munich, Germany where he learned the techniques of EndoBronchial Ultrasound (EBUS – Linear & Radial Probe) plus EndoBronchial Stent placement.
He received training in Sleep Medicine (Diagnosis plus Management) at Pmocrit – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), India. Certified in Diagnosis & Management of Respiratory Allergy (Immunology) – Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, New Delhi, India. BLS-ACLS service provider: American Heart Association (AHA) – 2017.
• European Respiratory Society (ERS), Munich
• Asia Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR), Tokyo
• Indian Chest Society, India
• Thoracic Endoscopy Society (TES), India
• Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM), India
• National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS), India
• Haryana Medical Council, India
• Delhi Medical Council, India
Honors & Awards:
– Best Paper Award: World TB Day – 2012
– Dr. C. N. Devianagam National Best Paper Award for the oral paper: NAPCON – 2013
– First Rank at TB Quest State Quiz: World TB Day – 2013
– Best Research Paper: Indian Science Congress – 2013
– Best Interactive Case Report (Oral) – 2014
– Best Paper Award: International Conference on insights & management of COPD (ICONIC) – 2014
– Gold Medal in Pulmonary Medicine: SRM University Convocation – 2014
– Rashtriya Gaurav Award Medicine: India International Friendship Society – 2015
– Top Three Pulmonology Teams of South Asia: British Medical Journal (BMJ) South Asia Awards – 2015
• Pleural Aspirations, Chest Tube Insertion, Thoracoscopic pleural biopsies & adhesiolysis
• Diagnostic & Therapeutic Bronchoscopies – BAL, EBLB, TBLB etc
• CRYO, Cautery & APC procedures – Tumor Debulking
• EBUS – Convex & Radial Probes
• Bronchial Stenting: Silicone & Metallic
• Bronchoscopic Lung Volume Reduction: Stenting & Coiling – For Severe COPD
• Bronchial Thermoplasty: For Uncontrolled Bronchial Asthma
• Central, Arterial, Dialysis Catheter placement
• CPAP & BiPAP Titration: For COPD & Sleep Medicine
• Skin Prick Allergy Testing & Immunotherapy for allergic disorders
Tuberculosis vs. Masqueraders: Our experience of some real-life case scenarios” Published by Lambert Academic Publishing (LAP), Germany.
Research Work, Posters & Paper Presentations:
• Study to assess “Prevalence and clinical impact of Left ventricular dysfunction in Acute exacerbation of COPD” done from 2011-2013. Poster presented at ERS World Congress, Munich, Germany – 2014.
• Principal investigator in the study to assess “Smoking scenario amongst medical and non-medical youth: Fads, Facts & Effects” in 2013. Paper presented at National Pulmonology Conference (NAPCON), Chennai, India – 2013.
• Presented Oral Paper on “Role & Responsibilities of Student Community in the Effective Control of TB” on the occasion of World TB Day – 2012.
• Presented Poster titled ‘Pulmonary tuberculosis vs. Bronchial Carcinoid: Co-Existence leading to a Diagnostic dilemma’ at NAPCON – 2013.
• Presented Oral Paper on “Smoking scenario among college going youth” at The Indian Science Congress (ISC) Chennai Chapter – 2013.
• Co-Investigator in a study to assess “Management of COPD: Guidelines vs Reality” conducted among general practitioners in Chennai in 2013.
• Co-Investigator in a study to assess “Pre and Post treatment comparative study of BODE index and Spirometry in COPD” done from 2011-2013 – POSTER PRESENTED at NAPCON – 2013.
• Presented Oral Paper on a rare Case report of ‘A 30 Year old female with 7 year history of Haemoptysis and Breathlessness’ at ICS Talent Search Program – 2014.
• Presented Poster titled “Left heart dysfunction in Acute Exacerbation of COPD: Outcome or Risk Factor? A tertiary care centre experience” at ICONIC-2014, Pune.
• Presented Poster titled: “Pulmonary renal syndromme: How to defeat the devil?” at the National Pulmonology conference (NAPCON) 2015, Jaipur, India.
• Co-presenter Poster titled: “Rare smooth muscle tumour presenting as a lung mass” at the National Pulmonology Conference (NAPCON) 2015, Jaipur, India.
• Co-presenter Poster titled: “Aspergillus induced mediastinitis: A rare case” at the National Pulmonology Conference (NAPCON) 2015, Jaipur, India.
• Co-presenter Poster titled: “Pleuropericardial mesothelioma: A rare presentation” at the National Pulmonology Conference (NAPCON) 2015, Jaipur, India.
• Published a case report in ERS education: S.R. Goyal (Chennai, India). 30 year old female with 7-year history of haemoptysis and breathlessness. Case report 2015.
• Co-Guide for post graduate (Dr. Wali Khan) thesis titled “Role of Bronchoalveolar Lavage in evaluation of lung cancer” at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi 2017.
• Presented Oral Paper titled “Significance of EBUS sonographic features for mediastinal lesions: Our experience” at National bronchology conference BRONCOCON 2018, India.
• Quiz Master at Interventional Pulmonology Quiz (TESCONTEST) at TESCON – 2018.