Dr. Soundappan V.
- Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai
Senior Consultant Neuro Surgeon
Dr Soundappan V is a well-known neurosurgeon with an overall surgical experience of over 28 years including about 16 years in managing disorders which affect nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and extra-cranial cerebro-vascular system. With a special interest in Micro Neuro surgeries, Minimally Invasive Brain and Spine surgeries and Trauma, He performs a wide spectrum of brain and spine surgeries such as craniotomy for intra-cranial tumors, endoscopic pituitary tumor surgery, endoscopic disectomies, kyphoplasty for osteoporotic fractures, and percutaneous spinal fixation through minimally invasive approach.
Honors & Awards
• Gold Medal in Micro-biology, 1977
Areas Of Expertise
• Micro Neuro surgeries
• Minimally Invasive Brain and Spine surgeries
• Mch (Neuro Surgery), Madras Medical College & General Hospital, Chennai, 1999
• MS (General Surgery), Stanley Medical College & Hospital, Chennai, 1987
• MBBS, Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore 1980