Difficult primary and revision Rhinoplasty, Emergency and elective nasal trauma management, Nasal reconstruction surgeries after tumor excision and after accidents, Nasal and septal deviation surgery, Severely obstructed nose, Otoplasty (Prominent Ear), Local facial flaps for reconstruction of facial defects.
Performed several thousand Rhinoplasties
• Research Fellowship University of Michigan, USA (ORL department, Facial Plastic Surgery Division)
• Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Training, Cliniques Universitaires UCL Mont-Godinne, Belgium
• Master of Ear, Nose, and Throat, Alexandria University, Egypt
• Doctorate of Ear, Nose, and Throat, Alexandria University, Egypt
• Associate Professor of Ear, Nose & Throat, Facial Plastic Surgery, Alexandria University, Egypt
Dr. Wael has been an ENT surgeon for 22 years and a consultant for the past 11 years. He completed a research fellowship at Michigan University in Michigan USA in which he was trained for facial plastic and reconstructive surgeries. He also received a training in Belgium to get acquainted of the European techniques of facial plastic surgery.
All over his work in ENT and Facial Plastic Surgery field he published many article in the field in highly distinguished scientific journals; for example; Facial Plastic Surgery Journal (USA) and European Archives of Otolaryngology. He also organizes training courses in the field of Rhinoplasty in Alexandria University regularly. He participated as an instructor in many Rhinoplasty and Facial Plastic Surgery Courses in the Middle East. He participated in many conferences as an expert his field.
With more than 22 years of experience in ENT and Facial Plastic Surgery gained by working for prestigious healthcare facilities including his own private practice, Dr. Wael is proven to be one of the best in his field. He is also a passionate physician, and he is committed in providing the highest quality of surgery and ensuring at all times patients safety and wellbeing.
• [MBChB] [Faculty of Medicine / Alexandria University]
• [Master Degree in Otolaryngology] [Faculty of Medicine / Alexandria University/ EGYPT]
• [Research Fellow] [Cliniques Universitaires UCL de Mont-Godinne, Belgium]
• [Research Fellow] [Facial Plastic Surgery Center, University of Michigan, USA]
• [Doctorate Degree of Otolaryngology] [Faculty of Medicine / Alexandria University]
• ORCID ID 0000-0002-2571-7900
• Pollybeak Deformity in Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty: Prevention and Treatment. Facial Plastic Surgery 2016;32:398–401
• Transcervical fat injection laryngoplasty for unilateral vocal fold paralysis: an easy way to do the job. March 2018 Archiv für Klinische und Experimentelle Ohren- Nasen- und Kehlkopfheilkunde
• Extramucosal pyriplasty without stenting for management of pyriform aperture stenosis. April 2018 Archiv für Klinische und Experimentelle Ohren- Nasen- und Kehlkopfheilkunde
• Combining Spreader Grafts with Suture Suspension for Management of Narrow Internal Nasal Valve Angles. Turk Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2018; 56: 25-9
• Crooked nose: An update of management strategies. Egyptian Journal of Ear, Nose, Throat and Allied Sciences 11/2014; DOI: 10.1016/j.ejenta.2014.10.005
• Modified autospreader flap for nasal valve support: utilizing the spring effect of the upper lateral cartilage. European Archives of Otolaryngology 9/2014; DOI: 10.1007/s00405-014-3309-7
• Alar lift: Sail excision technique for alar overhanging in the Middle Eastern Nose Egyptian Journal of Ear, Nose, Throat and Allied Sciences 01/2014; Doi:10.1016/j.ejenta.2014.09.001
• Passive targeting of nanoparticles to cancer: A comprehensive review of the literature Molecular and Clinical Oncology 07/2014; DOI: 10.3892/mco.2014.356
• Saddle nose: Autologous augmentation techniques and their relevant patient satisfaction Egyptian Journal of Ear, Nose, Throat and Allied Sciences Volume 16, Issue 2, November 2015, Pages 113-122
• Post-septal orbital complications of acute bacterial rhinosinusitis: Endoscopic anatomical considerations Egyptian Journal of Ear, Nose, Throat and Allied Sciences Volume 16, Issue 3, November 2015, Pages 209-215
• Batten graft septoplasty: Evaluation of a preferred technique Egyptian Journal of Ear, Nose, Throat and Allied Sciences Volume 16, Issue 3, November 2015, Pages 223-229
• Crooked nose: The asymmetric face Egyptian Journal of Ear, Nose, Throat and Allied Sciences
Volume 16, Issue 3, November 2015, Pages 236-242
• Modified lateral crural spanning suture of the nasal tip: Suspension element. Egypt J Ear Nose Throat Allied Sciences (2017)
• Chorda Tympani nerve management in endoscopic stapes surgery. Egypt J Ear Nose Throat Allied Sciences (2017)
• Arabic translation and validation of SNOT-22 Egyptian Journal of Ear, Nose, Throat and Allied Sciences Volume 33, Issue 4, 2017, Pages 611-615