Pediatrics is a branch of medicine that involves the treatment and management of children’s health and medical care from birth to the age of 18. A Pediatrician is a medical doctor specializing in providing preventive health services and medical care to both sick and healthy children.
Pediatricians treat and manage conditions in children, including injuries, congenital and genetic conditions, organ diseases and dysfunctions, cancers, and infections. In addition, a Pediatrician is involved in the following to ensure proper health care is provided to a child.
- Make diagnoses and treat illnesses or any other health problems.
- Providing recommended immunizations.
- Make referrals to specialists when the need arises.
- Conducting physical examinations.
- Ensuring steady milestones in growth, behavior, and skills.
- Providing efficient health, nutrition, fitness, and safety information.