WHAT ARE THE 5 DIFFERENT TYPES OF AUTISM?
- AUTISTIC DISORDER – This is the pioneer type of autism.
- ASPERGER’S SYNDROME – The biggest barrier in this type of autism type is social interaction, people really find it difficult to interact with others but the good thing is no other big problems are involved so people can live a regular life.
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder/ Not otherwise specified ( PDD/NOS) – This comes in between Asperger’s and Autistic because its symptoms are more intense than Autistic but less than Asperger’s.
- Rett Syndrome – Primarily seen in girls and females and starts appearing at the very small age of 1 year. Frequent arm flapping, unawareness about social communications, and impaired abnormalities come along with Rett Syndrome.
- Childhood disintegrative disorder – Normal child’s sudden occurring disabilities and unreasonable eye contact disappearance leads to CDD and loss in motor skills and expressive language skills slowly start vanishing.
AUTISM MEDICATIONSNowadays, autism medications are more inclined to treat primary symptoms. With the permission of the drugs and medicine association, risperidone and aripiprazole are now in the market to give relief to psychotic disorders. But medicines come in high doses so companions should take utmost care about the quantity while giving it to the patient.
- Stimulants – Stimulants work best for people who have 1-2 problems of autism for example people with Asperger’s syndrome can take stimulants in limited quantities.
- Anticonvulsants – This is specially designed to cure seizures and 30-35% of people with autism are having seizures in their symptoms.
- Tricyclics – Helps in minimizing behavioral problems of autism.
- SCREENING TESTS FOR CHILDREN
- Gilliam Autism Rating Scale
- Social Communication Question Loaf
- Autism spectrum Rating Scales
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule
- ASD DIAGNOSIS AND GENE BASED TESTS
Signs can be seen in early childhood, in adolescence and in adulthood also
- Stubbornness in the activities.
- Stammer in the speech
- Harm others and sometimes self – injures
- Constant moving here and there
- Hand flapping
- Abnormal Body Posturing or Facial Expressions.
- Abnormal Tone of Voice.
- Avoidance of Eye Contact or Poor Eye Contact.
- Behavioral Disturbances.
- Deficits in Language Comprehension.
- Delay in Learning to Speak.
- Flat or Monotonous Speech.
- Inappropriate Social Interaction.
- Communication challenges
- Abnormal and physically/mentally challenging person in family.
- Underweight child or person’
- Less immunity and infections
- Child’s birth when parents age is more than 40 especially moms
It is partially possible that all these factors are involved which causes autism.
• Having an immediate family member with autism.
• Genetic mutations.
• Fragile X syndrome and other genetic disorders.
• Being born to older parents.
• Low birth weight.
• Metabolic imbalances.
• Exposure to heavy metals and environmental toxins.
• A history of viral infections.
- WHAT IS IDEAL AUTISM DIET FOR CHILDREN ?
Flowy gut can spread in the bloodstream and eventually harms the nervous system and brains functioning to avoid this gluten free i.e. food without wheat, barley, breads, etc. is beneficial and casein free food is also recommended i.e. to stay away from milk and milk products is recommended. To balance the nutrition, protein packed meals and high-fibre foods such as fruits, veggies, buckwheat, corn are nice replacements.
- Can Autism be cured ?
Yes, if detected on time it is curable with small doses of bumetanide every day along with improving therapies, learning sessions. According to a report of January 2020, it is observed that children when in adolescence symptoms of autism start disappearing and in adulthood it vanishes completely. But in some cases, symptoms reverse.
- What not to do with autistic child ?
In front of autistic child, never speak depressing and anxiety filled words. Do not try to mimic them even if they do and never give them challenges or any sort of anger, they can beat you also. Instead teach them new things such as teach them new words, play different funny games with them, etc.
- How occupational therapy in autism is helpful ?
It increases the stamina of autistic person and is a good distraction for mental growth, it enhances the posture and balance of the body, which makes autistics confident internally and externally, refines the conversation with everyone. Take them at the new level and one can see good improvement in their normal activities such as eating food on their own, brushing teeth without shaking, etc.
- How music therapy in autism is helpful ?
It is one of the effective strategies and music activates both the hemispheres and communication becomes very easy and interesting at the same along with music.