• Pain (The degree of pain is not related to the severity of the burn, as the most serious burns can be painless.)
• Peeling skin.
• Red skin.
• Shock (Symptoms of shock may include pale and clammy skin, weakness, bluish lips and fingernails, and a drop in alertness.)
• White or charred skin.
• Hot liquid or steam.
• Hot metal, glass or other objects.
• Electrical currents. Radiation, such as that from X-rays.
• Sunlight or other sources of ultraviolet radiation, such as a tanning bed.
• Chemicals such as strong acids, lye, paint thinner or gasoline.
not available currently