Dental Implant is made up of titanium post is basically an artificial tooth and it is used when the tooth is missing. A person can go for single, partial, or full dental implants. By using a screw-like material doctor puts an implant inside the jawbone and tie-up with the crown of artificial teeth. Dental implant and artificial tooth attach with each other through the abutment (supporter). Crowns are made on the basis of the color of your teeth and which is suitable for the mouth. Dental implants add strength and durability which makes it easy to bite, chew, and smile freely. Till date, dental implants are the best and most convenient treatment options. Also, they are biocompatible. Apart from this, dental implants improve speech, enhances the overall look of the teeth, and takes oral health to a whole new level.
TYPES OF DENTAL IMPLANT
Mainly two types of dental implants are available :
- Endosteal Implants – This type is high in demand and is made with titanium material. Its shape is like a small screw. If your jawbone is not partially or undergrown, gum health is up to the mark and you are following good oral hygiene then this is a perfect fit for you. The doctor will diagnose and if all these things are balanced in your teeth then you are good to go for endosteal implants. But some bruising, swelling, infection, and bleeding can happen during or after the procedure.
- Subperiosteal Implant – If the jawbone is underground not enough for endosteal implants then this is the best alternative so far. The shape of this implant is like a cylinder. The dentist will unclose the gum and an impression will be taken of the particular area and after taking the impression they close the gum region and keeps the rest of the procedure for the next and final session. In the final session, implants will be added to the bone.
ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANTS
Entire arch fixed dental implant bridges is referred to as all-on-4 dental implant as it replaces all teeth. Four implants in the upper or lower arch are required to remove old teeth and add new ones. All-on-4 seems like time-consuming and tedious but trust me it’s not, there is no need to implant a single tooth at a time, only 4 implants are required for upper teeth, and if you are doing for both the arches then for lower also 4. This is an excellent choice for seniors who are looking for dental implants.
ADVANTAGES OF ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANTS:
- It stays permanently.
- The biting force will be retained by 90-95%.
- The bone will not lose.
- No denture sore occurs.
- Taste buds will become more active.
Recovery time is 3-5 months as it fixes bridges permanently and bone grafting also.
DENTAL INSURANCE THAT COVERS DENTAL IMPLANTS
If the major complications are forcing you to take away for dental implants then definitely it will cover the insurance. Some insurance companies cover insurance if a person has come to cross serious traumatic injuries and accidents. If you have undergone some surgeries and taken the help of medical insurance in the same year then it is good to check the medical insurance limit if it is crossing the limit then you won’t get insurance for dental implants.
WHY DENTAL BONE GRAFTING IS REQUIRED BEFORE THE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
If your bone’s length is not enough for and it is not grown properly for dental implants, then the perfect solution is bone grafting. The size of the jawbone is not proper because of :
- Faults during development
- Gum wounds
- Traumatic cuts
During the surgery, bone tissue is placed to get fullness in the bone. If your socket has defects. Bone grafts come with wide options. A highly reliable option is socket graft, it protects the alveolar bone and saves it from waste. But socket grafts major drawback is you can get implants after 5-7 months, so you need to be patient enough. But the biggest advantage is it helps in reducing the pain after dental implants.
Ridge grafting is another effective bone grafting method, its function is to broaden the jawbone, which is shrunk and narrow. When the defects in the jawbone are clearly visible and are likely to cause damage to the teeth also block bone graft, mini titanium screws are required in this.
WHAT ARE MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Mini dental implants don’t involve restoration, rest of the process is similar to regular implant but smaller in structure. The size of a mini dental implant is between 2-3 mm (0.2- 0.3 cms) and the regular dental implant’s size is 4mm. If you feel that normal dental implants are quite an intense procedure for you then this is the decent substitute. These implants stay intact for at least 8-12 years. Also, these are affordable price is somewhere around $500-$1500. If you have dentures then also mini-implants fits well. Sometimes doctors unqualify patients for normal implants because of improper bone position so mini-implants come to the rescue.
COST OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
The cost of all on 4 dental implants for one arch is $3000-$4500.
Cost of all-on-4 dental implants for 2 arches – $5000- $10000.
Per area of the implant’s bone grafting cost is $200-$700.
Endosteal procedure’s cost is $2000-$4000
Subperiosteal procedure’s cost is $3000-$6000
- Which clinics are best for dental implants and what’s the cost of each?
- Clear choice – It is famous because it completes the entire procedure of dental implants in just one day and that too in an accurate manner to save the time and for safe and quality surgery people prefer this. It is in Denver, Colorado. Cost at clear choice starts from $3000-$6000 and for all-on-4 price starts from $30,000 to $50,000.
- Aspen Dental – This is also a good option.
- Beverly Grove – This is in California. Cost is between $3000 to $10000 depends on the implant type.
2. Does delta dental cover implants?
Yes, the cost is between $2500-$7500 again it depends on your age and surgery type.
3. How long do dental implants last?
It varies, how you treat your teeth after the surgery, a material used during the surgery, age, etc factors are involved, but on average, it lasts for 10 to 30 years.
4. How much you can save from medical insurance when going for dental implants?
You can save up to 20-30% on medical insurance
5. Are dental implants safe?
About 90-95% of people are happy, satisfied, and living a healthy life after dental implants so yes it is safe.