Will look in your ear for possible causes of your hearing loss, such as earwax or inflammation from an infection. Any structural causes of your hearing problems.
· Muffling of speech and other sounds.
· Difficulty understanding words, especially against background noise or in a crowd.
· Trouble hearing consonants.
· Frequently asking others to speak more slowly, clearly and loudly.
· Needing to turn up the volume of the television or radio.
· Excessive noise exposure.
· Viral infections (such as measles or mumps)
· Ototoxic drugs (medications that damage hearing)
not available currently