- Bleeding; which may recover blood transfusion
- Post-operative infection that may require antibiotic therapy.
- Bladder infections (cystitis)
- Pain or discomfort with intercourse.
- Damage to the rectum during surgery
- Infections that may require antibiotic therapy
- Inflammation and swelling at the surgical site
- Abnormal discharge with an offensive smell
- Leaking urine and feces.
- Do not participate in strenuous activities.
- Avoid any form of sexual intercourse until you are fully recovered.
- Take out bandages and wipe the area clean with a warm water-soaked towel every day
- Sanitize the area and change the bandages over the incision every day.
- Make regular visits to your surgeon for a checkup.
A woman who experienced a severe tear in the vaginal as a result of childbirth or other strenuous activities.
A perineoplasty (or perineorrhaphy) aims to make the perineum more appealing by excising excess skin, removing skin tags, and reapproximating the underlying muscles or the perineal to provide a reduction in the introitus or vaginal opening.
Women may report a feeling of physical looseness which may also be associated with decreased sexual satisfaction when compared to satisfaction before damage to the perineum. This procedure almost always accompanies vaginoplasty.
1. How long does it take to recover?
Recovery may take up to 4-6 weeks. You might experience pains during the beginning period of recovery especially during bowel movements but with time, the pains.
2. How do you poop after a rectocele surgery?
After surgery, bowel movement at first might be painful. Here are certain helpful tips for your bowel movement
- Try sitting on the seat of the toilet properly
- Let your feet be flat on the floor
- Lean forward and rest your hands on your thigh
- Let your lower back be kept in an inward curve during emptying.
3. How long does it take for the stitches to dissolve after surgery?
The many stitches in the vaginal may cause you to experience bleeding but the stitches dissolve On their own after approximately 4-8 weeks.
4. How soon can I drive after the surgery?
This might take 2-4 weeks after surgery, and sometimes up till 6 weeks. Don’t try driving till you can comfortably sit properly without discomfort and you can safely perform an emergency stop.
5. Is walking well after the surgery?
Walking after the surgery is good and beneficial as it promotes physical recovery, reduces the risk of post-surgery complications, aids breathing, promotes circulation, and prevents clotting in the deep veins of your leg.
6. How successful is perineorrhaphy surgery?
There is an 80-90% success rate for posterior vaginal wall repair.
7. When can I return to my usual routine?
First, you should avoid situations where excessive pressure is placed on the repair. You should wait for at least six weeks before attempting sexual intercourse.