• Lower Gastrointestinal haemorrhage” Govil D, Sahni P. In ‘G.I. Surgery Annual’, Volume 1, 1994, “ed Dr TK Chattopadhyay. Indian association of surgical gastroenterology: 93-103.
• “Surgery in jaundiced patients” Govil D. In Jaundice, 2004, ed Dr RK Tandon, SK Acharya
• Chapter on “Complications of Chronic pancreatitis” in Book on Proceedings of the DDF conference held on Chronic pancreatitis
• Written a chapter on “Familial adenomatous polyposis” in GI Surgery Annual, 2005
• Written chapter on Cancer pancreas and sent for publication in Tropical Gastroenterology textbook being edited by Prof BN Tandon
• Written chapter on Hydatid disease in Book titled ‘Handbook for Surgical Gastroenterology’ being written by Dr SanjivHaribhakti, Ahmedabad
• Written a chapter on NCPF in a book being edited by Dr Rajan Choudhry at AFMC, Pune
• Written a chapter on “ How to manage a bile duct injury” in a book on questions and answers in GE by Dr Ajay Kr and Dr Manav
• Fellowships / Memberships:
During the course of PhD (GI Surgery) at the Department of Liver and Gastrointestinal Surgery, AIIMS: Managed both In and Outpatients coming to the Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Worked as a Senior Resident in the Department for 3 years.
• As Assistant Professor Surgery at GTB Hospital, New Delhi: Independently managed patients with Gastrointestinal surgery problems, performed major GI Surgical operations
• At the Department of GI Surgery, PSRI, New Delhi: I have established the Department of GI Surgery at this hospital. I have performed at approx. 1000 operations related to liver and Gastrointestinal Surgery including Laparoscopic surgery.
• At the Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi: The Department is an active GI surgical unit dealing with complicated GI Surgical cases.
Major Gastrointestinal Surgical procedures: Some of the major GI procedures performed are:
• ASI (Association of Surgeons of India)
• Surgery for portal hypertension
• Splenectomy and Lieno-renal shunts
• Ileo-anal anastomosis with a pouch for Ulcerative colitis
• Esophageal resection with Gastric pull up
• Whipple’s Pancreato-duodenectomy
• Hepaticojejunostomy for biliary strictures and benign and malignant obstructive jaundice
• Surgery for Surgical obstructive jaundice
• Surgery for pancreatic diseases- Acute & Chronic pancreatitis, pancreatic malignanciesSurgery for Upper and Lower GI haemorrhage
• GI malignancies – Oesophageal, Gastric, colonic, rectal cancers
• Laparoscopic surgeries
• Actively participating in the living related liver transplants being done at our hospital since 15/9/06. Participated in transplants along with the present team.
• Association of Surgeons of India
• Delhi chapter of the Association of Surgeons of India
• Indian Society of Gastroenterology
• Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
• Indian Association of endoscopic Gastro surgeons of India
• South Delhi branch of the Indian Medical Association
• Elected as the executive council member of the Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology in the national conference held at Kochi,2004 for 2 years
• Served as the Convenor of the “Delhi GI Surgeons club” organizing clinical meetings regularly in different departments of surgical Gastroenterology in Delhi. I was the convener since 1999 till 2008.
Awards and Achievements:
Received President’s appreciation award at IMA South Delhi annual convention in Jan’09
• Was Secretary of the Consultant forum of Apollo hospital – till March’09 – organized a lot of activities in the forum