Senior Consultant & HOD – Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery, Heart & Lung Transplant
Dr. Madhu Sankar N is a well-known Cardiothoracic Surgeon who specializes in surgical procedures of the heart, lungs, and other thoracic organs. He has been actively involved in Heart & Lung Transplantation and Stem Cell Therapy. Besides this, he has also been involved in the Trans myocardial Laser Revascularization Project at MMM, Chennai. During the last 10 years, he has visited more than 50 overseas institutions and presented many valuable papers in his field.
He holds the privilege of being the first person in the country to transport Donor Heart in Commercial airline & perform heart transplantation. In India, he has performed the first successful single lung transplant in Nov 2011.
• Member of Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgery
• Executive Member of Indian Society of Heart Failure
Honors & Awards
• Fellowship in Heart & Lung Transplantation from St. Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney – 1996
• Cardiac Surgery Specialist Fellowship (one year) at Westmead Hospital, Sydney – 1997
• Recipient of Travel Award from Asian Society of Cardiovascular Surgery in 2001
• Has presented research papers during the Biennial Asian Congress in Lahore, Pakistan – 1999 and Biennial Asian Congress in Fukuoka, Japan – 2001
• Has more than 50 publications in Cardiac Surgery in International Journals
Areas Of Expertise
• Coronary Bypass Surgery
• Valve Repair & Replacement Surgery
• Surgery for Atrial Fibrillation
• Heart & Lung Transplantation