Education: MBBS, DTCD, MD (Gen. Med)
Area(s) of Specialization: COPD, Bronchial Asthma, Tuberculosis, Air Pollution
Experience: Teaching undergraduate, Post graduate for 25 yrs
Fellowships / Memberships:
• Fellowship Awarded for the Paper on Medical Education Outcome Assessment of Students in SRMC & RI(DU) at Hongkong on October 2004.
• American Respiratory Care Foundation and American Association for Respiratory Care presented the International Fellowship Award in Respiratory care at Las Vagas, December 2006
• Fellowship awarded for the Indian College of Chest Physicians 2011
• Life member – Indian chest society
• Life member – association of physician of India
• Life member – Indian medical association
• Life member – Indian society of clinical Medicine
• Air pollution from household solid fuel combustion in India: An overview of exposure and health-related information to inform health research priorities.Blakrishnan K, Ramaswamy P, Sambandam S, Thangavel G, Ghosh S, Johnson P, Mukhopadyay K, Venugopal V, Thanasekaraan VGobal Health Action, 2011 Vol No 4: 5638, dio: 10.3402/Gha.v4io.563
• Evaluation of mucociliary clearance among women using biomass and clean fuel in a per-urban area of Chennai-A preliminary study Pricilla Johnson, Kalpana Balakrishnan, Padmavathi Ramaswamy, Santu Ghosh, Muthukumar Sadhasivam, Omprakash Abirami, Bernard W.c.Sathiasekaran
Guest lectures in various Chest Forums
Awards and Honours:
• “Dr.O Sharma Oration Award” – Emergencies in Respiratory Medicine – Awarded in NAPCON 2004 at Ahmedabad.
• Best Chest Physician Award for taking care of Tuberculous patient – Awarded at NAPCON 2004 at Ahmedabad.
• PRESIDENT OF Indian Chest Society (ICS) – 2006 – 2007
• Organising Chairperson – Napcon 2013