Cancer research is an area that requires more serious work and HCG aims to rise up to that challenge. In all its years of working in this field, HCG has led the march against cancer and set benchmarks in the industry, by introducing many new technologies, highly useful in increasing the accuracy and saving time. Cancer surgery is an important area of medicine and we aim to lead with our strong framework and technology infrastructure.
A multidisciplinary team is a panel of specialists, with expertise in specific fields, who are brought together for each case. This panel of experts works in synergy, to ensure that comprehensive opinion is available, to guide each patient through diagnosis, treatment and recovery, and make sure that the patients who need several different therapies for treatment, receive advice on the ideal combination. This synergistic approach means that the patients benefit from the combined expertise of multiple cancer specialists.
HCG is known for pioneering a series of firsts:
– Asia’s first bloodless Bone Marrow Transplant was performed by our experts.
– India’s first Computer Assisted Tumour Navigation Surgery (CATS) was brought in by us.
– HCG is the first hospital in India to introduce Flattening Free Filter (FFF) mode technology for treatment.
– It is also the first in Asia to have treated a patient with 3D radio-guided surgery – Surgic Eye.
– We introduced biological reconstruction to treat bone cancer in India.
– Cyberheart – First hospital in India to remove a tumour in the left ventricle of the heart through CyberKnife.
– We were the first in India to save a patient’s vocal cord through the world’s most advanced laser technology.
– It is the first hospital in India to introduce high precision, Trans-Oral, Laser Surgery (TOLS), endoscopically.
– HCG has conducted the largest number of Breast Conservation Surgeries in India.
– It was the first in India to introduce Hyperthermia as a form of treatment.
– HCG is the first hospital in India to introduce TomoTherapy H®.
– First in the world to perform the quickest Radio Surgery to treat Trigeminal Neuralgia (‘The Suicide Disease’).