Tannoids, polyphenolic biomolecules (present in coffee, tea, and wine) are heavily responsible for teeth staining as they stick to the teeth. Also, tobacco and smoking can promote teeth stains. When the surface of your teeth drastically changes its colour from normal white to yellow and the area of tooth enamel develops black or brown spots […] Read More
Top Doctors For Stained Teeth Treatments
Top Hospitals For Stained Teeth Treatments
Tannoids, polyphenolic biomolecules (present in coffee, tea, and wine) are heavily responsible for teeth staining as they stick to the teeth. Also, tobacco and smoking can promote teeth stains.
When the surface of your teeth drastically changes its colour from normal white to yellow and the area of tooth enamel develops black or brown spots and yellow teeth stains start developing. It can happen in a tooth or in multiple teeth. The main causes are cold drinks, ageing, unhygienic oral care, injuries, sour fruits, and vegetables. Stains in the teeth gradually build up bad breath. When you don’t properly clean your teeth with a toothbrush and decrease the use of floss can grow more bacteria in your mouth resulting in teeth stains.
- When diseases hit the dentin and enamel as a side effect it gives teeth stains. Some tests such as chemotherapy and head/neck radiation also develop teeth stains.
- Dehydration (less intake of water) makes the mouth dry and it gives a space to bacteria which causes teeth stains.
- Chocolates and sugar candies taste amazing but are the biggest reason for teeth stain in children.
- During pregnancy, the mother goes with several complications and takes many medicines and iron supplements leave black spots in the teeth.
- Antibiotics such as tetracycline and doxycycline when given to the children age 7-8 cause teeth to stain because they typically have milk teeth and they aren’t capable of protecting teeth surface and enamel.
- The ageing factor becomes an obstacle here because when you are 65 or above, the area covered by pulp diminishes and makes teeth yellow or dark brown.
- Enamel formation in the milk teeth is very slow and is very delicate, so when injuries such as trauma in the 7-9 year kids are seen it can lead to teeth stains or discolouration.
- Mouthwashes like chlorhexidine and cetylpyridinium can also cause this.
- How To Prevent Teeth Staining In Toddlers?
- Toddler’s teeth stains with colours like yellow and orange, black colour is rarely seen and the reason for discolouration is improper teeth cleaning.
- Parents can immediately clean the teeth when toddler completes meals.
- Baking powder (sodium bicarbonate) is the best home remedy to get rid of teeth stains. Take a pinch of bicarbonate soda and mix it with water and brush the toddler’s teeth with the paste once or twice in a day.
- Black teeth in rare cases are responsible for iron supplements in toddler so stop giving them supplements and feed them iron-rich food such as spinach.
- Use fluoride-free toothpaste.
All these things can help your toddler to fight against gum diseases and plaque.
- How To Keep Teeth Free From Wine Stains?
The very yummy home remedy to prevent teeth from staining is to eat cheese, yes you heard it right, sorry, you read it right!
- Eating cheese right after having the wine can remove the stains from the teeth.
- Don’t drink red and white wine on the same day. Because when you consume white wine and then go for red, your teeth already make a layer of tannins when you drink white wine and it multiplies when you have red wine.
- Floss more on the wine day, than you do on regular days.
- What To Do About Tea Stained Teeth?
- Eating crunchy veggies such as carrots and celery and fruits like apple and pear can help to erase tea teeth stains.
- You can also eat roasted nuts, cereals, rice crackers and breadsticks.
- Go to dentist’s clinics if you want a long-term solution because the dentist uses the special kit prior to applying a bleaching agent.
- Also, gels used by a dentist is far more effective than you buy from local shops.
- Steps For Reduction Of Cigarette Stained Teeth
One of the factors which contribute to tooth stain is a cigarette. Nicotine doesn’t only cause lung problems in its enemies list, teeth stain is also there.
For prevention :
- Start using the carbamide peroxide tray for 1-2 times in a day for 3-4 hours.
- If you consult a dentist then results will stay for 2-3 years. But home remedies also work well for a shorter time.
- Generally should visit a dentist at least once in 5-6 months and a smoker should visit twice or thrice in 5-6 months, for teeth whitening procedure and to check overall oral health.
- One can use crest strips also.
- Hydrogen peroxide paste is a reliable option for occasional use.
- Directly brush teeth right after smoking to reduce teeth staining.
- How To Whiten The Teeth After Braces?
- Once braces get removed, never skip follow-ups and if a doctor has given a specific date then be there on time.
- On a regular basis, start using over the counter proven tooth whitening products.
- Stop drinking cola and other sodas.
- Take more time in cleaning the teeth and do it 3-4 times in a day.
- A dental filling is required to fill the cavity.
- Take the advice of dental veneers from dentists and go with this option.
- Root canal protects strongly from tooth decay.
Can Tetracycline Stained Teeth Be Whitened?
Yes, it can be whitened by using a very effective method known as the KoR Whitening Ultra T system.
Although tetracycline stains are very stubborn. KoR system’s gel gives relief of 6-9 hours.
Which Toothpastes Are Best For Stained Teeth?
- Crest Gum and Enamel repair – This makes enamel and gum strong by keeping plaque, tooth decay and gingivitis far away by enhancing teeth quality.
- Sensodyne proximal – It removes the stains and it stops the growth of the cavity.
- Colgate optic white – Along with whitening its taste prevents bad breath also, so you can achieve two things by using single toothpaste.