Dr. Jayateerth Kulkarni is a well-known name in the department of Orthopedics. An eminent doctor with a sea of experience and vast knowledge, he is exposed to the best of centers in orthopaedics. He underwent his professional training from reputed institutes in India, England and Canada. Dr. Kulkarni has more than two decades of experience and has the credit of performing over five thousand orthopedic procedures till date. His has specialized in Replacement of Hip, Knee, Shoulder and other joints and in Arthroscopic Surgery of Knee, Shoulder, etc. He was one of the first Orthopaedic Surgeons in Bangalore to perform Hip Resurfacing.
Dr. Jayateerth Kulkarni has with an experience of over 30 years.
He completed his MBBS degree at Karnataka University Dharwad in 1988 and did his Post-graduate training in MS (Orthopedic Surgery) at PGIMER Chandigarh in 1992. He obtained his DNB (Orthopaedics) qualification while working as a Senior Resident in PGIMER Chandigarh. He then continued his training in England. He was selected as a Specialist Registrar in Orthopedics on the higher surgical training programme of Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals, London (1995-1999). During this period he obtained his FRCS (Glas) and FRCS (Orth) qualifications.
He then underwent fellowship training in Shoulder and Upper Limb Surgery in Brighton, UK where he got trained in Complex Shoulder Surgeries (both Open and Arthroscopic), Hand Surgery and specialized procedures like Replacement of Shoulder, Elbow and small joints of the hand.
He also underwent a fellowship in Trauma and Joint Reconstruction in Sunnybrook and Women’s Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Canada under Dr. J. Schatzker, one of the leading authorities in Orthopaedic and Trauma surgery. He got trained in complex procedures like Revision Hip and Knee Replacement, and Pelvic and Acetabular Fracture Fixation.
Honors & Awards:
Dr. Kulkarni is an active member of associations like Indian Orthopedic Association (IOA), Indian Arthroscopy Society (IAS), Bangalore Orthopedic Society (BOS) and Indian Medical Association. He keeps himself updated about new techniques and advances in Orthopaedics by attending conferences, seminars, workshops, CME programmes, etc. He has been a faculty at national and regional level conferences and teaching programmes. He has been a tutor for DNB students and post-graduate orthopaedic trainees. He has done research in bone grafting and was actively involved in bone banking programme in the UK. He has scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Area Of Expertise:
• Replacement of Knee, Kip, Shoulder, Elbow and Other Joints.
• Use of advanced techniques like: Computer Navigated Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Custom-Fit Knee Replacement, etc.
• Newer prosthetic designs like: Unicompartmental Knee Replacement, Patello – Femoral Replacement, etc. He was one of the first surgeons in Bangalore to perform Birmingham Hip Resurfacing, Revision Surgery for failed Replacements of Hip, Knee and Other Joints.
• Arthroscopic procedures like ACL and PCL Reconstructions, Meniscectomies, Meniscal Repairs, Multiple Ligament Injuries, Osteo-Chondral Fractures and Loose Bodies, Osteo-Chondral Stem Cell Grafting, Mosaic-Plasty, etc.
• Arthroscopic and Open Surgery for Instability and Recurrent Dislocations, Rotator Cuff Tears, SLAP Tears, etc.
• Arthroscopic Surgery of other joints like Elbow, Wrist, etc.
• Hand surgery for Traumatic Injuries and Degenerative Conditions, including replacement of PIP joints.
• Trauma Surgery including Pelvic and Acetabular Fractures