What is Man Boobs or Moobs?
Are you someone resorting to baggy clothes, dark rooms and someone who shys away from swimming? Then gynecomastia or male breast reduction surgery is something that you should look forward to. Gynecomastia is generally an enlarged breast in men (man breasts) mainly due to a rise in the amount of gland tissue in the breasts of boys or men. It is mainly caused due to an imbalance in the hormones like estrogen as well as testosterone in the men. Usually it can affect one or both the breasts of men. Boys in puberty phase as well as older adults can develop man tits due to the result of hormonal changes. Men with breasts usually get pain and mostly feel embarrassed due to the situation. Usually, it goes away on its own, however surgery or medication is usually needed if in case it persists.
Causes of Man Boobs:
Male boobs are caused due to the following reasons:
- Decrease in the hormonal amount testosterone when compared with estrogen
- Gynecomastia in infants are caused due to the effects of estrogen levels in mother
- During puberty, male breasts are caused due to hormonal changes
- Man boobs peaks again in adults above 50 years due to the changes in hormones
There are also many other causes other than the above mentioned ones which causes gynecomastia. Some of the causes are as follows:
- Lack of proper nutrition
- Tumors in the testicles or adrenal glands
- Liver disease
- Kidney failure
Some of the drugs that can also cause gynecomastia are as follows:
- Anabolic steroids that is used for improved athletic performance
- Finasteride used for enlarged prostate
- Spironolactone, digoxin, amiodarone, and also calcium channel blockers
- Cimetidine (Tagamet) and also proton pump inhibitors for heartburn
- Diazepam (Valium) for anxiety
Symptoms of Man Tits:
Few of the signs as well as symptoms of gynecomastia or man breasts include:
- Swollen breast tissue (puffy nipples in men)
- Breast tenderness
Man Boob Surgery, Treatment and Diagnosis:
Usually gynecomastia or breasts in men occur in both the breasts. These are the treatment options for man having this situation:
Prior to the Treatment:
- Your doctor may advise you to take breast self-exams mainly to demonstrate a palpable, tender, firm tissue which isn’t as hard as breast cancer and is usually located centrally right under the nipple-areolar complex
- Thorough evaluation will be recommended by your doctor that includes performances of MRI as well as mammograms
During the Treatment:
- Preparing for the surgery usually involves doctor asking you to stop any medications that might rise the risk of bleeding
- General anesthesia is given to the patient during the time of the surgery
- Surgeon may then remove the excess fat in your breast by liposuction method
- Many surgeons usually drains after your surgery in order to reduce the chance of fluid collections
Prognosis, Post-Treatment and Recovery:
- The usage of compression vests as well as icing are most commonly used in order to help control pain as well as reduce swelling and control bruising
- The patient can normally return to exercise as well as work typically less than one week. It is for patients who only need liposuction
- Two to four weeks is the minimum time for patients to heal who require surgical treatment to remove man breasts
- Avoid exposing scars to the sun for at the least 12 months
- Wearing your pressure garment continuously for the next 6 weeks
Complications in enlarged breast removal surgery in men:
Few of the complications that are involved in man boob surgery are as follows:
- Fluid collection
- Contour irregularities
- Loss of nipple skin
- Scar that’s visible
- Numbness of nipples
- Inverted nipples
- Breast skin that’s lose and asymmetries
How to get rid of man boobs? (Exercise for man boobs/chest exercise to get rid of moobs):
Few of the exercises that will banish your man breasts or male boobs are as follows:
- Push-up exercises
- Plank to push-up exercises
- Standing cable fly exercises
- Bench press
- Reverse cable pulls
How much does man boob surgery cost?
- It is found that in India the cos of gynecomastia surgery ranges from INR 65,000 to INR 95,000. The cost of the surgery usually depends on the amount of fat that is to be removed, the amount of sculpting needed, the technology used, as well as other miscellaneous expenses
- The average cost of gynecomastia surgery in USA is estimated to be somewhere between $4,123 and $10,000
Best hospitals that perform male breast reduction surgery:
Some of the best hospitals that perform male breast reduction surgery or gynecomastia are as follows:
- Apollo Spectra Hospitals
- SPARSH Hospital in Yeshwantpur
- Max Super Specialty Hospital in Saket
- Medanta Hospital
- Wockhardt Hospital
- Lilavati Hospital
- Kokilaben Hospital
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What are some fastest way to get rid of man breasts?
Eating healthier, exercising regularly and fixing your posture can help you to get rid of man tits faster.
2. What are some foods to reduce man boobs?
A low-calorie as well as highly nutritious diet can actually help in order to shrink breast tissue. Doctor will advise you to focus on eating nutrient-dense foods which are low in calories.
3.What is a man breast called?
Man breast is also called as gynecomastia
4.What are some medications for man boobs?
Usually clomiphene is used to treat gynecomastia. It usually takes up to 6 months. The selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) tamoxifen (Nolvadex) has also been shown to reduce the size of breast volume in gynecomastia, however it was unable to entirely eliminate all of the tissue in breast.
5.What are foods that cause man boobs?
Experts says that men should refrain themselves from coffee, booze and nuts in case they want to avoid ‘manboobs’.
6. What are some natural ways to get rid of gynecomastia?
Dietary and lifestyle changes are some natural ways to get rid of gynecomastia
7.How to get rid of gynecomastia without surgery?
Losing your kilos, dietary and exercising, abstaining from drug use, reducing consumption of alcohol and getting hormone treatments.